The fourth member of the Range Rover family has arrived in Ghana. Alliance Motors Ghana will launch The Range Rover Velar during the UMB Accra Open Golf Tournament on December 10 at the Achimota Golf Club.
Alliance Motors Ghana, the official distributor of Jaguar and Land Rover in Ghana has partnered with the Achimota Golf Club to launch The Range Rover Velar during the UMB Accra Open Golf Tournament, December 7-10.
The Velar will be officially unveiled on the final day of the tournament along with the Land Rover Hole in One with the Grand Prize of a Range Rover Velar to be awarded to the player who achieves the winning shot. The Velar’s Ghana and Sub-Saharan launch follows inspired global launch events in London, Paris and Milan.
“The Accra Open is one of the premier golfing events in West Africa making it a perfect platform to launch the Range Rover Velar in Ghana. The Velar offers levels of luxury, refinement and all-terrain capability that Accra Open participants will be thrilled to experience. Having the Velar as the Grand Prize in the Hole in One competition will bring another level of excitement to the event,” says Kwadwo Adjabeng, Sales Manager at Alliance Motors Ghana.
Range Rover Velar brings a new dimension of presence, modernity and minimalist design to the Range Rover family. Created from a clean sheet using Jaguar Land Rover’s Lightweight Aluminium Architecture, the Velar represents the next chapter of the Range Rover success story as Britain’s biggest luxury export.
An unwavering belief in reductionism has been fully employed, with switches being kept to an absolute minimum to help create a calm sanctuary.
Range Rover Velar Feature Highlights:
* Large alloy wheels – the 22-inch designs optimise the vehicle’s stunning silhouette, while further enhancing Velar’s dramatic presence.
* Full-LED headlights are the most-slender ever to appear on a production Land Rover.
* Flush deployable door handles emphasise Velar’s reductive, sculptured form, and contribute to the low drag coefficient of only 0.32 making it the most aerodynamically-efficient Land Rover ever produced.
* New Touch Pro Duo infotainment system which is the centrepiece of Velar’s interior and features two 10-inch high-definition touchscreens integrated seamlessly behind hidden-until-lit surfaces.
* Luggage compartment volume is class-leading at 673-litres.
* The Dapple Grey sustainable, premium textile seat material is an alternative to leather and was developed together with Kvadrat, Europe’s leading manufacturer of high-quality design textiles, and is complemented with Suedecloth inserts in Ebony or Light Oyster.
* Comprehensive restraints system that includes six airbags, and a suite of advanced
driver assistance systems, including Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, the
Velar integrates the latest safety technologies.
* All-wheel drive system, four-corner air suspension, class-leading ground clearance of 251mm (213mm when equipped with coil springs), class-leading wading depth of 650mm (600mm when equipped with coil springs) and Land Rover’s unmatched suite of traction technologies including Terrain Response 2 and All Terrain Progress Control.
* Four petrol and diesel powertrains that are matched to smooth-shifting ZF eight-speed automatic transmissions and all-wheel drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics.
* Clean, refined Ingenium engines in both diesel and petrol form.
* 2.0-litre, four-cylinder diesel engine produces 132kW and 430Nm, with CO2 emissions of just 142g/km.
* Two petrol Ingenium four-cylinder engines are also available in Velar, with outputs of 184kW and 365Nm, and 221kW and 400Nm.
* V6 diesel combines an extraordinary 700Nm of torque for effortless acceleration and off-road capability with CO2 emissions of only 167g/km.
* 280kW supercharged V6 petrol engine combines exhilarating performance with a unique soundtrack and enables the Velar to reach 100km/h in only 5.7 seconds, before reaching an electronically-limited top speed of 250km/h.
All new Land Rover vehicles come with the Land Rover Five-Year Care Plan: a five-year/100 000km service plan, a five-year/100 000km maintenance plan and a five-year/100 000km warranty, as standard.
Range Rover Velar Official Ghana Launch
Achimota Golf Club
10th December, 2017